Our Dayhomes program provides one-hour classes weekly, specifically for Dayhome groups. These classes are relaxed and fun-filled, and introduce the children to all of the apparatus' our facility has to offer. If you would like to start bringing your Dayhome to gymnastics, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Day home registration will be changing for the 2021/2022 recreational session. There will be a one-time registration for the year. An optional payment plan can be chosen upon registering or payment in full can be made. A yearly membership fee of $35 is due at the time of registration.
Payment Plan dates:
August 25, 2021, December 1, 2021 and March 1, 2022
Sessions are broken down as follows;
Start Date: Monday September 13, 2021
End Date: Friday June 17, 2022
Fall: September 13, 2021 to December 17, 2021
Winter: January 5, 2022 to March 11, 2022
Spring: March 28, 2022 to June 17, 2022
Monday October 11, 2021
Thursday November 11, 2021
Friday April 15, 2022
Monday April 18, 2022
Monday May 23, 2022
To help you plan, prepare and avoid disappointment, here are some answers and information regarding frequently asked questions.
- Each participant must complete and sign a consent waiver prior to entering gymnasium.
- Children under 8 months old (or are not crawling yet) do not count under our 12 children maximum and do not have to pay, however, they do have to fill out a form.
- Each time slot has a maximum of no more than 12 children in total, and 6 children per day home provider.
- If class is cancelled due to the YKGC staff or building issues, a make-up class will be created or a refund will be issued to accommodate this.
- If class is cancelled because of issues on the day home provider’s side, no refund is given and no make-up class is scheduled.
- If payment is not received from a parent by the third class, the child will not be permitted to participate.
- For payment, we accept cash, cheque or Visa, Mastercard
- Registration must be completed online
PART FOUR: DAY HOME POLICIES AND PROCEDURES
The Club was approached by a Day Home provider asking if it would be possible for the Club to offer a class for their Day Home during the day on weekdays. After many discussions, it was agreed that this would be a great asset to the community and a wonderful opportunity for the young children in the community.
- Each hour-long time slot has a minimum of 6 and a maximum of 12 children.
- All children who attend the facility are participants regardless of age and participation level.
- All children must have a completed registration form, with the waiver signed for the Club’s insurance and provide emergency information.
- Toddlers over 8 months of age are normally crawling and can play with balls, stretch and participate with the help of the day home provider. If a child is not able to interact or participate yet, they must pay the yearly membership fee (child will still be considered one of the 12 participants).
- If a day home has an extra child attending one week, they must pay for that class at the rate of $12.50 an hour.
- The following must be followed by all day home providers:
o The day home provider cannot sit on the sidelines watching or taking care of other children.
o The day home provider must be attentive to all of the children in their care and, if need be, be able and willing to assist the other children as they learn, play and participate in the class.
o One month’s notice must be provided to the gymnastics club, the club will reimburse the parents for the remaining weeks of the session as long as the Club has received written notice of withdrawal.
- If a parent does not wish for their child to participate in our program, they cannot be in the facility during the class time.
- The insurance limitations on trampoline usage will go into effect on July 1, 2019. One-time non-members are not permitted to use trampolines. The Gymnastics BC insurance policy will no longer permit trampoline use during unstructured programs, including birthday parties, drop-in sessions, and drop-in day camps and parkour programs. Trampolines may be used in structured recreational and competitive programs under proper coaching supervision, providing all insurance requirements are met. Structured programs are defined as regularly scheduled programs occurring over multiple weeks or multiple days in one week that teach progressive skill development.
(Trampolines are defined as any rebounding apparatus that uses any form of bed-type surface, attached to a frame by springs or bungee cords; this includes, but is not limited to, competition trampolines, backyard trampolines, mini-trampolines, double-mini-trampolines, tumble tramps and fitness trampolines.)
- Monday to Friday from 9:00AM to 12:00PM are dedicated to providing day home classes.
- Programs for each day home group will be adjusted to meet the needs depending on the ages and ability of the children in the group.
- Day home programming is one our Recreational Classes, as the following all remain the same throughout the session: children, coach, time slot and day of week.
- Day Homes are not guaranteed the same time slot every session, although we will do our best to accommodate every groups’ needs based on coach availability.
- Parents are welcome to come and watch their child’s class from the mezzanine or they can participate but must be actively participating without distracting or interrupting the program.